If you are suffering with spine pain and do not want surgery or cannot have surgery, then advanced regenerative medicine treatments may be suitable.
Regenerative medicine has improved dramatically in the last 10 years, and when high-end providers of Regenerative Medicine come together with informed patients, then very good outcomes become possible.
Spine patients consider Regenerative Medicine because:
- They want to try advanced Regenerative Therapies.
- They have early-stage damage and want to avoid or put off invasive surgery.
- They are not fit for invasive surgery but are in pain and still need treatment.
Which Spine Conditions Can Be Treated With Regenerative Medicine?
- Facet Arthropathy is an arthritic condition of the facet joints, and this can be a major cause of back pain. In a healthy spine these joints allow for bending, twisting, and alignment. Facet damage can be caused by a traumatic injury, or by wear-and-tear over time. Certain spinal conditions can affect the facet joints, including types of arthritis and Degenerative Disc Disease, where a dehydrated and dysfunctional disc places extra stress on the facet joint.
- Chronic Back Pain can be caused by musculoskeletal spine or nerve damage, from a traumatic injury or general wear-and-tear over time. It can also be brought on after a previous spine surgery. Patients suffering with chronic back pain usually consider non-invasive therapies such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, deep tissue massage and medications before considering any spine surgery options.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints. Symptoms are triggered when antibodies attack the synovial joint fluid, causing chronic inflammation, joint damage and deformity. Umbilical Cord tissue is active in immune modulation, which is important for Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers. The regenerative and anti-inflammatory functions of these cell tissue can also benefit patients.
- Disc Degeneration can be debilitating and rob an individual of enjoying even the simplest of daily activities. Symptoms include pain and stiffness from the neck down to the lower back. Overtime disc can be compressed due to multiple factors and can herniate causing tremendous pain both at the location as well as radiate down our extremities. These discs are often dehydrated and the tissue known as the Annulus Fibrosus can crack allowing the Nucleus Pulposus to expand causing the “Bulging Disc”.
Regenerative therapy is an outstanding, non-invasive treatment for this condition. Sometimes patients are not suitable for spine surgery due to their spine damage being too complex/severe, presence of underlying conditions, or unsuitability for anesthesia required for surgery. These are both scenarios where patients may consider regenerative therapy for their back.
There is no known cure for rheumatoid arthritis. However, Regenerative Medicine can be a wonderful option for any patient seeking relief from the constant pain.
Think of a jelly donut that has been “squished”. Regenerative Medicine helps to hydrate the Annulus creating for greater density and strength and allowing the Nucleus to be contained in a healthier environment.
When used in conjunction with Spinal Decompression the results can be Quite profound and long term!
If you have questions regarding your particular back issues, please call the clinic at 214-221-2588. We will answer your questions to best determine if Regenerative Medicine or Spinal Decompression is a viable option for you. If we don’t feel we can help you we will help point you in the right direction!